Welcome to my first post on decorating with pattern! I am so excited to share with you my design expertise, inspirations and ideas.
Wallpaper and fabric give interiors personality while expressing individual style. Learning how to use color, fabric and wallpaper together is the key ingredient to a successfully designed décor.
I love this lime infused seating area as it is a perfect example of how three patterns can blend together to create an elegant monochromatic interior.
Three scales of pattern are used in this interior:
1. Wallpaper : Narrow tailored Asprey stripe in citron (Pattern 7710-244)
2. Chair front & cushion: Upholstered with large floral toile, Avignon in lime. (Pattern 7705-851F) .
3. Chair back and edge of cushion: Upholstered with a wide four inch tonal stripe, Sutton in kiwi. (Pattern 7710-562F).
These patterns cohesively exist because of color and the well proportioned scale of designs.
Here are some easy rules to follow to create this simple design statement in your home:
- Decide on one color you love and feel comfortable with for an interior.
- Use three different sizes of prints so they don’t compete for visual attention. Its best if they range how effective is propecia from small to medium to large.
- Focus on one color throughout the various patterns you choose so a cohesive look is created.
Get style’n with stripes!